[Bf-committers] Current state of Blender's user experience

Daniel Stokes kupomail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 00:07:36 CEST 2016

Greetings,

I recently came across this thread on the gamedev sub Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/4fs4db/why_dont_more_professional_game_studios_use_free/

In that thread are several unfavorable opinions about Blender, mostly about
its UI/UX. I thought we had moved past the opinion of Blender's UI being
terrible during the 2.5 time frame, so I was a bit surprised to see several
complaints about it. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of specific
complaints other than "it is not the same as Maya/Max".

I was curious what others on this mailing list thought about the current
state of Blender's user experience, if something should be done to improve
it, and what could be done to improve it.

Regards,
Daniel Stokes