[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 and OpenGL version

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 06:14:46 CEST 2016

My impression is that mesh data will be the same, Cycles materials will be
the same, (new) real-time materials will be similar to Cycles materials to
the extent that similarity makes sense. Should not have to relearn the
tools or APIs when switching between real-time and offline rendering
approaches.

Blender Internal materials will be de-emphasized or dropped.

I don't know enough about particles to comment there.

I'm writing up some Viewport 2.8 ideas / docs / designs and will share
these very soon. Initially it will be "what merwin thinks", but should give
us something to talk about and eventually arrive at "what Blender folks
think".

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire