[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 18 April 2016
ton at blender.org
Mon Apr 18 11:40:09 CEST 2016
Below are the meeting notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
Check meeting times in your local timezone: https://blendercoders.xyz/
1) Removal/recode list for Blender 2.8
- This is the proposed list of features to recode in 2.8:
- Meeting agrees with the list in general, but not on how to get started with a 2.8 branch.
That then will be a proposal sent to this list later, and/or decided on during next meeting.
- Possible strategy would be to radically cut things away, and bring it back one by
one. How this would look for viewport opinions differ on still. It also depends on
who does the work, and the final designs.
- Campbell Barton will help coordinating the viewport project.
- Lukas Toenne already tested removal of old particle system. He notifies everyone that
a new particle/hair system would be fully incompatible.
- Sergey Sharybin notes that he then also can more efficiently finish new depsgraph,
making object updates fully thread-able from scratch (particles stop us from it)
2) Release targets for 2.78
- Bastien Montagne updated the project list:
- As agreed on, no planning for 2.78 will be defined before a 2.8 branch is active.
3) Google summer of Code
- 20 april we have to submit the final student+mentor proposals to google
Two days later Google announces it!
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Producer Blender Institute/Studio
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers