[Bf-committers] Big Blender User!!

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:11:15 CEST 2016

Hi,

PSD is a proprietary format which is partially supported by OIIO, but
limited to just read (and still with some limitations about layers and
such). Writting is not supported by any opensource library of my knowledge,
so supporting PSD output from Blender at this point seems totally unlikely.

ICCs i'm not sure about. It's a confusing thing for artists, who never know
if there's any ICC in the file, whether it gets baked to data on re-save,
if it's being used on display and so on. Perhaps it could be supported in
Blender in a clear way, but that's not something priority to work on for
the core team.

If you really need CMYK, then perhaps some tweaks to TIFF output could be
considered. We already support CMYK TIFF input (AFAIK), and it should
support 16bit CMYK output. Otherwise you can already use PNG, TIFF, DPX and
just "bake" CMYK look into the actual data.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin