[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 and OpenGL version

Blendergit blendergit at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 18:10:43 CEST 2016

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the answers

If we remove things like a simple draw_line and need VBO and shaders, any simple add-on gets complex. Maybe a library with primitives (line, polygon, set color,...) could help a lot and create a standard API.

And about matrix, are we going to use GLM?

PS: Something really useful for Python (not related to OpenGL) is to have a IMMUTABLE object identifier.

Add an identifier would be as simple as add 1 to any arbitrary number. It's not necessary keep a sequence...the problem is if you link files...you can get conflicts, so the best idea could be use something like GUIDs.

In database design, the unique identifier must keep equal all the time, and in Blender you must get objects by name, and this name can change, so a lot of functions would be possible if we add a simple integer immutable value for each object.

Maybe, now you have already this, but I have never seen this identifier.

Antonio