[Bf-committers] Big Blender User!!

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 00:25:28 CEST 2016

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016, 2:43 PM Doeke Wartena <doeke.wartena at gmail.com> wrote:

> Correct me if i'm wrong.
> RGB = 256*256*256 = 16,777,216
> CMYK = 100*100*100*100 = 100,000,000

Wrong.

Full value RGB depends on the colour space chosen. In your case I suspect
you mean sRGB, at which point full value will equate to an absolute colour
value of 0.3127 x and 0.3290 y in xyY.

What is that colour in your printing context? We don't know! We don't know
the implied contexts of the ink colours, the paper absorption with the
various levels of ink, the illuminant, nor how you wish "white" to appear.

In the end, it is a fool's errand and an incorrect approach.

> That is correct only for 8-bit channels, that is 32 bits per pixel. That
is why saving to EXR is highly beneficial because you can save 16 or even
32 bits per channel.

It has absolutely _nothing_ to do with bit range.

With respect,
TJS