[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes, 9 April 2016

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Tue Apr 12 11:06:58 CEST 2016

Hi,
first of all, there are no real plans atm to remove Blender Internal, at
least not among core developers.
We surely want to move towards a PBR viewport / GLSL renderer, but that
doesn't mean that BI will be kicked anytime soon.

Second, Cycles is certainly not "underdeveloped", it never aimed for
realtime rendering. It's a production renderer for VFX and Films, not
realtime.

Thomas