[Bf-committers] Blender Grant for sponsored development

Duarte Ramos duarte_ramos at sapo.pt
Sun Sep 27 02:08:23 CEST 2015

That would most certainly be a way to achieve it.
What were you thinking, something in the lines of a modifier that simply
converts the curve bevels to a mesh allowing to assign custom material
slots (like 3Ds Max's Edit Poly modifier, I've heard users ask for
something like that before), or more like a modifier that would take
care of the actual beveling and mesh generation part?
Both could work, but the second option would be far more desirable and
have some real additional appeal, like the ability to have modifiers
affecting only the curve shape itself and sharing of base curves with
different bevel/extrusion settings for each copy.

Anyway, as promised I created a Google document online with the
requests, I invite everyone to make suggestions, edits, comments or post
opinions, (the comments tool is really handy for this). Here is the link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NSpMnKHn5LPL9_LUe2sRXiOtU52WFIfug26p3RaJAas/edit?usp=sharing