[Bf-committers] building with opensubdiv using mingw

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 01:18:18 CEST 2015

Ok Sergey and Cezary, you've given good reasons to keep MinGW as a working
alternative on Windows. GCC vs Clang produce similar performance on Linux
(with GCC a little bit better). That's the only platform I've used that
supports both compilers out of the box, so haven't compared on other
platforms. Has anyone tried Clang on Windows?

Also good point about Microsoft being slower at language standards.
Switched to VS 2015 for that very reason.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire