[Bf-committers] building with opensubdiv using mingw

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 08:24:30 CEST 2015

There's currently no precompiled OpenSubdiv libraries for mingw.

As for the future -- i don't really think we'll keep maintaining mingw
libraries. This is because mingw was proven to have obscure issues which
makes blender builds unstable. Think we'd be moving to clang rather than
keeping trying to use mingw.

But that's my vision of the situation, maybe Antony (who was the main guy
maintaining mingw builds) has different input here.

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Yousef Harfoush <bat3a at msn.com> wrote:

> hi
>
> i tried to build opensubdiv with scons and mingw but it seems that the
> libraries are not found in the mingw lib folder, is it supported on this
> compiler? if not will it be? thank you.
>

> Regards
> Yousef Harfoush
> bat3a at msn.com