[Bf-committers] Getting Cycles to update in viewport when property changes

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:55:15 CEST 2015

The idea is that any render engine will be triggered for re-render or
update when data which affects actual render is changed. This is handled
via dependency graph, not via notifier system.

I also not sure why custom property which was manually created will have
affect on render results.

One of the possible hacks here to force viewport re-render is to tag
related object with 'object.update_tag()' tho.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Smells Like Donkey <
contact at smellslikedonkey.com> wrote:

> HI,
>
> I’ve added a property on the groups that, when changed, needs to update
> the viewport (Cycles render border or whatever) and I can’t get that to
> happen. I have added an RNA enum property and I suspect that the magic
> would have to happen in a line like this:
>
>         RNA_def_property_update(prop, NC_OBJECT | ND_DRAW, NULL);
>
> but I can’t get it to work. Any ideas on how I can force an update? Am I
> using the wrong combination of flags? I tried a bunch but didn’t hit upon
> the right one.
>
> Thanks,
> Tod.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin