[Bf-committers] Intel seeds 10 Realsense cameras to Blender developers/artists

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Sep 21 19:01:48 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Our good friends at Intel contacted me with the question if I could help organizing a hardware seed
to Blender developers and (technical) artists. It's for "Realsense F200", their newest 3d camera - meant
as 3D scanner and input device for motion tracking and many other innovative applications.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/home

Of course I'd be happy to help out! So, you can get a Realsense free of charge, shipped by Blender Institute
to your address.

The only thing that's needed is to mail me (ton at blender org) a short reply why you think you should
get one... what you would develop or use it for, and if you would share anything in public.
The best 10 proposals get rewarded.

You get one week! Starting 28 September I'll notify people who get one.

Some notes:

- The seeds will remain anonymous (from our side), but you can shout out yourself if you like to.
You can get technical help from Intel engineers if needed.

- There's no obligation to contribute back, but obviously Intel would like to see some kind of visible
result of the seed.

- At this time only Windows8 is supported for the hardware. A linux SDK is under development but it is
unknown when that's available. Mac OS X support has not been scheduled.

- As there is no Phyton support in the RealSense SDK currently, Intel has worked with Delicode that has added
RealSense support to 'NI Mate' that supports Blender. You'll get info how to get the 'Ni Mate' code.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute