[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - September 20, 2015

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 10:40:19 CEST 2015

Campbell, it was mainly a concern from me about how RC is presented. The
thing is, once you go to the Download page you'll have RC suggested for
download by default without really mentioning to artists what exactly this
means and whether they're safe to use RC for their work or they'd better go
to a previous stable release page.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > - Short discussion about what 'release candidate' actually means. Is it
> "stable", or "beta", is it better
> > than the previous release or should it be offered with warnings... no
> conclusions.
>
> I thought he had already agreed for the last few releases that the
> release-candidate is for all intents and purposes a release
> (with the exception of the splash text).
>
> ... that there are no planned changes and no regressions or bugs exist
> that we intend to fix before the final release.
>

> As for how its presented on the download page - thats separate topic.
> Big +1 for how its currently displayed on blender.org where the RC is
> more prominent :)

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin