[Bf-committers] Python context internal state bug

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 14:30:07 CEST 2015

Hi Jacques,

There are reports about this already, (search for the error message).
When manipulating Blender's state while rendering this can happen [1]

If you're not doing that, best narrow down the test-case and report a
bug in our tracker: https://developer.blender.org

[1]: https://twitter.com/tonroosendaal/status/370851236930539520

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 9:17 PM, Jacques Lucke <mail at jlucke.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> while developing the animation nodes I get a specific error message
> quite often in the console: "ERROR: Python context internal state bug.
> this should not happen!"
>
> In the Blender source code this print statement is here:
> https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/source/blender/python/intern/bpy_interface.c$152
>

> What wonders me the most is that everything keeps working I just get
> this error message in the console. And not only one time but many
> hundred times.
> Unfortunally I didn't found a reliable way to reproduce this yet (I try
> to find one for weeks already...) but I have some ideas:
>
> 1. The error message always appears first while I was rendering. After
> the rendering finishes the message is still printed in the console many
> times per second.
> 2. Until now the error only came when I was doing a mesh animation. That
> means my node setup calculates a vertices, edges and polygons and
> replaces the mesh data on an existing mesh object in blender with that.
> 3. Obviusly I use some of the handlers in bpy.app.handlers. All
> calculations are done in the scene_update_post event.
> 4. Just noticed after loading factory settings that the error always
> raises when the UI redraws.
>
> I use Windows 7 64 bit and the error appeared in all of the last Blender
> releases. Currently I use 282811f.
>
> I know that it can be quite hard to find out what raises this error
> because I don't have steps to reproduce. Especially because sometimes it
> renders all frames fine and sometimes 100 were rendered and then the
> error appears although the same code is executed as before.
>
> Therefor my main question is what triggers this error and why doesn't it
> stop when I load factory settings? And if you have an idea what I/you
> can do against it.. even better.
>
> Here is an image showing the error in the console:
> http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=92952 [1]
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jacques Lucke
>

> Links: