[Bf-committers] Blender Git is down?

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 04:30:19 CEST 2015

Hi,

It seems you have mixed up the urls a bit:

https://git.blender.org/blender.git <http://git.blender.org/blender.git> (or
git://git.blender.org/blender.git) is what you `git clone` with, but the
gitweb cgi url's are what you use to view in a web browser. The error you
have was from trying to clone a web page instead of the repo. I believe it
has been like this for a few years now?

Hope this clears things up a little for you?

Dan