[Bf-committers] responsibility modifiers & new dev oriantation

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 00:12:09 CET 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 9:02 AM, Ballka <ballkaschar at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm BallKa and I was frustrated how the SimpleDeformModifier worked, so
> I have redesigned the functionality of this modifier to make it a bit
> more user friendly and intuitive. But I haven't decided yet how the
> stretching is done, i.e. this part isn't working for now.
>
> I will describe the changes and the new functionality in the commit log
> in detail. This leads me to my actual question. There is no module owner
> for the Modifiers, so whom should I talk to make my changes public and
> how exactly is it done? ( new branch? simple commit and push? )

Hi BallKa,

If your proposing a change you don't need to contact module owners directly,
you can mail this list (or bf-funboard if its more general
functionality discussion).

As Aaron says, you can submit a differential, to developer.blender.org too.

Also, we do have module owners for modifiers, see:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Process/Module_Owners/List

> Greetings,
> BallKa

- Campbell