[Bf-committers] compiling Blender with collada on Linux

Torsten Mohr tmohr at s.netic.de
Mon Oct 26 23:54:13 CET 2015

Hello,

i try to compile the released sources 2.76 on linux (OpenSuSE) with Collada /
OpenCollada.
I try to build using scons.
I installed the dependencies manually.

Regarding OpenCollada:

In install-deps.sh it says:
OPENCOLLADA_VERSION="1.3"

I have installed in yast2:
libOpenCOLLADA0 / svn868-8.1.3

I then manually created the directory /usr/include/opencollada and copied all
necessary header files there.

But in the final executable there is no support for Collada Export / Import.

I tried to figure out how to enable COLLADA but did not succeed.  So this is
what i tried, I don't think this is how it is intended:

In the scons config file linux-config.py it says:
BF_OPENCOLLADA = '/usr'
BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC = '${BF_OPENCOLLADA}/include/opencollada'

I additionally changed this line from False to True (it seems to force collada
support):
WITH_BF_COLLADA = True

When i compile blender now i get:
Compiling ==> 'ExtraHandler.cpp'
In file included from source/blender/collada/ExtraHandler.cpp:30:0:
source/blender/collada/ExtraHandler.h:32:52: fatal error:
COLLADASaxFWLIExtraDataCallbackHandler.h: File or Directory not found
 #include "COLLADASaxFWLIExtraDataCallbackHandler.h"

But this include file is available in /usr/include/opencollada, so there seems
to be a problem in the build process (Surely possible with the changes i did).
It does not seem to be related to the version of OpenCollada used, as the
include file is available.

It would be great if somebody could give me some hints:

1. How should i compile blender with COLLADA support?  What is the intended
way?  Shouldn't OpenCollada be autodetected?

2. Can i get some more information about the configuration process?  Why does
scons not find OpenCollada?  Do i need to enable it?

3. Can i get some more information from the compile process?  What commands
exactly does scons call (I'd like to see the include path that it gives to the
compiler)?
Is there a log file created (i did not find any, not in /tmp/build/linux and not
in /tmp/install/linux).

Thanks for any hints,
Torsten