[Bf-committers] Node Groups and PyNodes

Isaac Weaver wisaac407 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 01:16:08 CEST 2015

Hi, I'm working on an addon that utilizes PyNodes, and I'm wondering if it
would be possible for a developer to expose group nodes to the python API.
Maybe they could be a generic node type like the NodeFrame or NodeReroute?

According to a comment in the file
"/source/blender/editors/space_node/node_group.c":

/* Group operators only defined for standard node tree types.
>  * Disabled otherwise to allow pynodes define their own operators
>  * with same keymap.

​ ​
> */

Is there some way that it could be optional? Perhaps a setting or a
function on the NodeTree class?

I think I speak for a lot of addon developers when I say that it would be a
very appreciated feature :D

Thanks,

~ Isaac