[Bf-committers] Data Structure Changes

matmenu matmenu at live.fr
Tue Oct 13 22:34:50 CEST 2015

Hey,

To start small, maybe the name generation algorithm? When you (or a
script) create a new object in a scene containing thousands of them, it
start to become exponentially slow (object.0001 to object.1999 takes
10sec but to object.3000 it takes 3 minutes for example) . If you can
come up with a better solution for this, it would be great. A bigger
step would be a solution to Blender slow downs in scene with many
objects. Modern hardware made it theoretically possible to manage such
scenes. But we are bound to workarounds at the moment (split in many
files and link, use particle instantiation up to blender's 10 000 000
limit which is far from hardware limitation, etc...). Especially in a
node based Blender, it can become an even bigger issue really fast.

Regards,
Mat