[Bf-committers] Removing and using modules for importing .obj and exporting to .fbx

Rasmus Siljedahl rassi149 at student.liu.se
Fri Oct 9 15:00:39 CEST 2015

I have a school assignment to extract and use code from a open source
program and write a new one in C++. I have located the python scripts used
for doing what i want but I do not know where to go from that.
I dont know much about Python or scripting and I cant grasp where the data
for the export is coming from. Inside the init file for
FBX(Blender\release\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx) there is this execute
operator with context as parameter. I dont know what is calling this init
function or how the data gets to the file through the context parameter.

Is the "only" step left to start translating what I've got to C++? I found
the exportation of the FBX file very confusing and complex and I guess the
conversion is gonna be even harder. Is this even possible?

Any feedback to what I should do or ideas is very helpful

regards,
Rasmus