[Bf-committers] New members

Joshua Lotfi kernel-dev at apermund.net
Fri Oct 9 01:14:20 CEST 2015

I meant to say 2.76. Not 2.77.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] New members
From: "Joshua Lotfi" <kernel-dev at apermund.net>
Date: Thu, October 08, 2015 6:12 pm
To: "bf-blender developers" <bf-committers at blender.org>

The Developer Wiki and the Maniphest on <http://developer.blender.org>
should point you in the right direction.
Whether you are looking for a large to-do to tackle as a group or just
split up and try to squash bugs, it's all there I think.
If you want to contribute your code and not just use it for your
project, Blender is currently at the end of the release cycle for
2.77, so right now there's no new, big changes being committed and won't
be until next year (after your semester?) AFAIK.

Depending on what you want to do (Cycles render, Blender kernel, game
engine, blenderplayer, UI, animation, etc etc etc)
there's lots of things to pick from for your team. I don't think Blender
did the 2015 edition of Summer of Code (I may be wrong), if
that is at all relevant to the situation here.

But you really might want to talk to the owner of the module you want to
work with first before starting a big project (if you want to contribute
that code after your project, of course).
I'm not the one to ask for reliable info on pretty much anything else
:), as I only started working
on fixes/etc a few months ago aside from before just modifying small
bits (and breaking them) on my PC just for kicks.

I don't know really what your time frame is, but if your university
(Notre Dame?) is like most in the US, isn't it a bit late
to be starting on a fall semester project this big? :D

Good Luck

-Joshua Lotfi