[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes, November 29, 2015
ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 29 17:01:54 CET 2015
Here are the (short) notes of today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Work on 2.77
- Project page with planning:
(As agreed on, 2.77 has not been scheduled yet)
- Bastien Montagne reports good progress on library referencing improvements:
(Might go to 2.77 if testing goes well)
2) Other projects and 2.8 preparations
- Migrating to OpenGL 2.1 has started.
- We're now officially on 2.1 minimal! Meaning that the old 'extension' (compatibility) API calls
are gone. Work now progresses on removing 'immediate mode' calls (glBegin, glEnd), and on defining
how to use shaders everywhere.
- Mike Erwin will write (today!) a wiki page - to log and report on OpenGL work, also as dashboard to
give people insight what they can do to help. Code upgrading is fun work for which a lot of people
can contribute. Check the wiki project page later today for the correct page link.
- If you want to get involved: join the coders IRC channel, or the viewport list:
- After the meeting, a group discussed key aspects of the work ahead... viewport team members so-far:
Mike Erwin, Antony Ryakiotakis, Brecht van Lommel, Inez Almeida, Martijn Berger. Thomas Dinges is
available to help. Jason Wilkins is inactive currently but welcome to join!
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers