[Bf-committers] Generic Java .blend import/export based on StructDNA

homac homac at strace.org
Wed Nov 25 17:52:15 CET 2015

Hey there!

This is mainly addressed to *Ton Roosendaal
<http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Ton>* and *Brecht Van Lommel*
(i.e. module *Core/Data System/DNA*)
<http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Brecht>

I'm aiming to create a generic (any version) import/export of Blender
files for Java.

So far, I've developed a tool which uses the type information from your
StructDNA to generate Java classes which serve as type safe facets to
access data from .blend files. Finally found a suitable concept for the
type mapping to Java (considering pointers, type casts and the dirty
stuff possible in C ;)).

Now, I wanted to add a loader which actually just needs to organise the
incoming data, which comes in instances of the generated data model, in
some "Library". The same way as you do it in struct Main (BKE_main.h).
But I have to admit, that I've got lost in your code there - because you
are scanning for blocks with IDs "LI" and "ID" which does not exist in
my reference file (v2.69).

Are those not in all files or is that code for earlier file versions?
I've read the short intro in blendloader/internal/readfile.c which made
me confused looking at the content of my file.

Can someone of you give me some (brief) hints on how it is supposed to work?

Regards
  Holger