[Bf-committers] A Pythonistas Wishlist for Blender 2.8

Andreas Klostermann andreasklostermann at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 23:22:09 CET 2015

I am not a Blender developer, so I know I can't implement these wishes or
expect
anyone else to fulfill them. I do believe however, that this list may be
interesting
to some in the community.

TL;DR:
* native, official AsyncIO integration
* support for Cython
* generic Python callbacks for operator calls
* replace the blender-specific Python distribution with Continuum
Analytic's Conda
* numpy array access to audio samples
* more Numpy in general

I put some more details here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:BayesianHorse/BlenderPythonWishList

Again, I know that most of this is not going to happen, but I hope that
these suggestions can inspire a bit of debate about the Python API, and
what addons can and can't do in Blender.