[Bf-committers] proposal: OpenGL cleanup in master

Joshua Lotfi kernel-dev at apermund.net
Sat Nov 21 17:20:07 CET 2015

...and then there's always Vulkan. It's supposed to improve access to
GPU shading and compute features with one unified language (SPIR-V). Not
only could it be used to replace OpenGL, but it could be used for
general purpose compute uses like rendering/etc and parallel-oriented
operations. I don't know if that's really something Blender needs
(probably won't be compatible with more than 75% of GPU's for years).
And I don't know if anyone is even thinking about using it, as
CUDA/OpenCL and OpenGL 3.2 seem to be where everyone is saying things
are going in 2.8. But it's just some thought for the future.