[Bf-committers] Any plans on deep compositing?

j.bakker at atmind.nl j.bakker at atmind.nl
Wed Nov 11 14:15:20 CET 2015

Hi Adriano,

We are currently planning on updating the compositor to also support Deep
compositing (among other new features). Currently it is too early to put in
more details as we currently researching the impact of having Deep
compositing.

I don know the current plans of having Deep Compositing inside Cycles. two
years ago Brecht told me during the conference that it was doable, but
nowadays we have many other features inside cycles that might interfere
with that statement. I have no idea about that.

One of the requirements is that the compositor would be able to read Deep
OpenEXR files.

Also Natron is looking into this subject, but haven't discuss the subject
with them.

Best regards,
Jeroen Bakker
 - At Mind -