[Bf-committers] Updating Colour Configurations

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 00:16:02 CET 2015

On Nov 10, 2015 2:47 PM, "Brecht Van Lommel" <brechtvanlommel at pandora.be>
wrote:

> I doubt GPU rendering is a problem, but I have no idea what the word
> "role" means in this context and what "implementing an XYZ role"
> means.

A role is simply a known alias that software can hunt for via OCIO. So for
example, if you have to convert colour temperature via a Bradford etc.
transform and require the space's XYZ primaries and white point, you could
request the “XYZ” role. It is provided for grabbing “Grading” or “UI”
transforms etc.

With respect,
TJS