[Bf-committers] Introduction and CMake refactoring

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 12:49:19 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Sergey Sharybin <sergey.vfx at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe i'm missing something, but main concern about current state oc CMake
> is a tedios process of manually maintaining order of libraries. This is a
> walid point, but how's the proposed change will solve the issue? It seems
> to be just more a conditional add of libraries to the linking list?

Typically CMake projects define library dependencies, however we
couldn't use this because some libraries linked to the stub for the
blenderplayer (the same library had different dependencies for
blender/blenderplayer).

If we use conditional linking theres no need to have BLENDER_SORTED_LIBS,
the handful of  libraries using stubs can check the target when
specifying their deps.

- Campbell