[Bf-committers] Blender developers weekly meeting notes - November 8, 2015

Jacob Merrill blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 19:38:16 CET 2015

What about non coders? Do we have the ability to ask questions?

I have a few ideas for the game engine in 2.8 and how we can expand the
ability of the SCA system.

SCA Nodes
what are sca nodes?

A node graph, with the logic bricks as nodes on the graph,

each sensor node has inputs and outputs,
these inputs and outputs are primarily for 'property nodes'
to link to.

This would expand what is possible with the logic bricks expodentially.

AI
Ray(set property HitObject)-----------and------------Steer to(HitObject)

Gun
Ray(set property HitObject)----and---property add health in(hitObject) -5
Mouse left button-------------------/

and millions more.

basically its just like SCA except on a positive pulse a sensor can set
properties that are then used by the actuator and controller.