[Bf-committers] macrovellum's fluid designer for linux

Francesc Juhe fjuhec at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:42:44 CET 2015

Hi,

I can confirm it is doable if they examine the scripts prepare_release_env.sh and install_deps.sh.

Instead of running them right away they can just try to run them step by step manually. Right now, prepare_release_env.sh fails for missing files it needs from debian repos which are no longer available. When that happens you either use a newer (potentially incompatible) version or find the old somewhere, download manually and disable the download on the script.

For my environment I ended up creating a minimal version of prepare_release_env.sh to create the chroot environment with gcc, binutils and openssl and then using a modified install_deps.sh that installs the static libraries needed.

> I would also mention here that i wrote notes about how i set up original
> Linux release environment there [1]. There is even setup script which i
> tried to keep up to date to certain point, for until it became real hassle
> to maintain. It could easily be used for the starting point [2].

> [1] http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/LinuxBuildbotEnvironment
> [2]
> https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/build_files/build_environment/prepare_release_env.sh
> [3]
> https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/build_files/buildbot/config/

Link [1] doesn’t seem to work for me. I have been getting this for a few days.

This is a cached copy of the requested page, and may not be up to date.
Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.
Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.

(Can't contact the database server: Too many connections (localhost))