[Bf-committers] Blender developers weekly meeting notes - November 1, 2015
ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 1 18:37:51 CET 2015
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.76 update
- The build we made friday for 2.76a had an important bug... loop select in
Mesh Editmode would crash on edges with seams. *Bowing heads in shame*
It was discovered after more than a day. Decided was to not promote this 'a' \prominently and make a 'b' on monday or tuesday. After even more careful testing! :)
- Meeting then spent a while on discussing various testing ideas we should improve on.
Agreed on was:
- More auto-tests - there's already a "make test" in our code which runs 100s of small
tests. It's not complete at all, very good to keep working on it.
- Make the module teams more aware and responsible for testing before releases too.
Notify module owners if you make a commit of which you think might need testing.
- Implement a permanently running test cycle on a system (like the buildbot) that runs
a large number of more complex tests (renders, anims, games, screenies). And put the
results of this on a public web page in a grid with stats and history.
(Would be useful to know if a posed Llama still has hair and eyes, for example).
2) Blender 2.77 targets
- The current shortlist (remember, next release only gets decided on in december):
- Proposal: upgrade to Python 3.5.
3) The 2.8 project
- Gaia Clary heard rumours that people want to ditch Collada. To my knowledge that
comes from the conference coders session. No decisions were made, it's open.
- Martin Felke sent a proposal to the list about supporting plugins in Blender.
- Martijn Berger wrote a blog post with notes from a coders meeting at the conference:
- In general: it's good to start collecting design ideas and proposals from everyone.
We agreed however to give it sufficient time to mature. Core team members are still
working on the release and bugfixing...
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers