[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting minutes - 31 May 2015

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sun May 31 22:14:03 CEST 2015

Here is a link which lists some reasons why the tool has been removed:

http://www.blendernation.com/2014/07/02/screencast-keys-addon-is-removed-b3d/

You still can find the "original" tool here:

https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-extensions/trunk/py/scripts/addons/space_view3d_screencast_keys.py

And here is an alternative development:

https://github.com/jedihe/b3d_screencast_keys/blob/master/space_view3d_screencast_keys.py

I am not sure if the alternative works better or not.
Both scripts seem to work on current Blender versions
with the known limitations. But i can neither tell if it is
a good idea to use them or not, nor did i do any in depth
tests.

-gaia-