[Bf-committers] VSE render times really huge!

Jeffrey italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:56:48 CEST 2015

I've found that's true particularly with fast encodes, but not
necessarily with a slower encode speed (high quality setting). From what
I've read in the past, ffmpeg and encoders have developed enough that
multithreading doesn't make a significant impact on quality anymore.
This is, of course, from the ffmpeg command line interface rather than
blender's GUI. I know of no such options within blender, so it's kind of
moot anyway. If you want a high quality file, you'd encode slowly,
regardless of the number of threads.

On 05/21/2015 05:00 AM, Troy Sobotka wrote:
> It is also worth noting that some encoding schemas will see a degradation
> in quality when encoding across threads.
>
> With respect,
> TJS

Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover