[Bf-committers] F-Stop

Ejner Fergo ejnersan at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:07:59 CEST 2015

Hi again,

So the defocus node reads the necessary values needed to calculate an fstop
from the camera, but then why isn't it physically correct? I am also very
confused about the added "max blur", which is why I call this node a purely
creative node, and not a "1-to-1" fstop node. When I set the scene camera
in the defocus node (having turned fstop/aperture radius off on the camera,
keeping only distance), and have the fstop value to 128 in the node (should
be no focal blur), I get a result equalling to a physical f/2.0 in that
scale. Why is that?

Here is my test scene I use. You might need to set some things up (disable
fstop in the camera and set up comp nodes). The scene is build to scale and
camera matches my real one.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/35139

Best regards
Ejner Fergo