[Bf-committers] VSE render times really huge!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu May 21 12:55:09 CEST 2015

Hi,

The guy exported a 1 hour video to a new encoding, which took 6 hours. Isn't that expected?

To put things in perspective, read about Adobe users complaining about the same:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1506298

My only non-OS experience with re-encoding is Apple iMovie, and man that's slow! Just 5 minutes took more than an hour.

If ffmpg can use threaded encoding, we for sure should enable that though :)

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute