[Bf-committers] Win32 Build

Barry Foust barryf987 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 20:25:02 CEST 2015

Hi, I'm just downloaded the Blender source and dependencies and I'm trying
to build Blender with cmake and VS2013 on Windows 7.  It's a win32 Debug
build.  I'm running into errors with the dependencies.  It looks like the
opencollada and jack libraries may not be correct.

I did a straight cmake ../blender to build the .sln solution/project files.

For jack, I'm getting some unresolved external dependencies for stdlib
string class, an example of which is below...

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void
__cdecl std::_String_base::_Xran(void)" (?_Xran at _String_base@std@@SAXXZ)
referenced in function "public: class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > & __thiscall
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> >::erase(unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?erase@
?$basic_string at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@V?$allocator at D@2@@std@@QAEAAV12 at II@Z)
C:\BlenderDev\build\source\creator\libjack_d.lib(JackClient.obj) blender

For opencollada I'm getting issues with DEBUG levels set.  I rebuilt the
opencollada libraries with the correct level and runtime type and was able
to get past it, but I didn't want to tackle the jack problem without asking
if there is somebody maintaining the Windows dependencies that might update
SVN with the proper libraries?

Barry