[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - May 10, 2015
ton at blender.org
Sun May 10 17:05:31 CEST 2015
Here are today's notes from the meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Release targets for 2.75
- The AMD patch (splitting OpenCL kernels for Cycles) is in. Kudos for Sergey Sharybin
who spent quite some time on getting this to work with the rest of the Cycles code.
- There is a limited set of AMD graphics cards that will work with this, Thomas Dinges
volunteers to collect statistics the for release log on this.
- Sergey still likes to add the Dependency Graph code in master. It won't affect Blender
much, but it should be done before we have an official "BCon3" (test/fix period).
- Another last minute feature gets a quick review now, custom icons/previews might make it:
- Current projects and planning:
- This wednesday it's the strict BCon3. No new stuff anymore!
2) Other projects
- Mike Erwin had some OpenGL Viewport tests to share: (improved ways to draw wires)
- Kevin Ditrich is working on OpenVDB:
Kevin will be in contact with Sergey (Cyles) and Lukas (caching, pipeline) to make sure
things fit in future designs too.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers