[Bf-committers] General purpose icons for Blender Addons?

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Fri May 8 23:59:27 CEST 2015

Honestly after trying to invent some custom icons
for our website i finally gave up on this because its really not
an easy task to create a good (meaningful) icon and keep
compatible with the common style of the rest of the application.

Also, think of 2 Addons which use different icons for the
same logical task... Wouldn't that become "Big Buck Messy" at
the end? And furthermore, what if the creator of one Addon
would  like to reuse the icons from another Addon, exactly to
avoid reinventing the wheel?

So after carefully thinking for some time about this topic i
clearly favorize the creation of a set of generic icons over
getting the ability to create own custom icons.

Honestly it would take a burden from me to "also" think
about awesome custom icons on top of creating an awesome
plugin :-\ And no, i think incorporating font awesome is
probably not the answer (because of its very different style) .

-gaia-