[Bf-committers] General purpose icons for Blender Addons?

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Fri May 8 14:59:27 CEST 2015

Hi;

Below i propose a few new Icons for general purpose.
Actually i have named the icons with general purpose in mind,
so they are not bound to a specific usecase:

- WARN (in addition to INFO and ERROR)
- RESET (Reset to defaults)
- NEUTRAL (for "the neutral element", e.g.: 0, 1, identity matrix, neutral pose)
- DOWNLOAD
- UPLOAD
- DOCUMENT (manual/wiki/online doc...)
- DRIVEN (as opposite to DRIVER)
- WELD
- BAKE
- ADJUST
- SWAP
- ATTACH
- DETACH

Maybe we can find a reasonable set of such general icons and then possibly
the icon artist who made the blender icons could take a look at this and create
some that match to blender's icon set.

remark: Of course this list is mostly driven by what i myself am
missing for our own Blender Addons. So it is clear to me
that everybody who creates Addons probably have their
own personal icons wish list, and we can not have 1 million
icons in Blender as well.

However i still believe this list is general purpose enough to be
at least discussed and improved :)

what do you think?
cheers,
Gaia