[Bf-committers] Burster web player plugin

Todor Imreorov blurymind at gmail.com
Fri May 8 09:42:01 CEST 2015

It is interesting, there have been other attempts at this.
Html5/webgl is going to kill all these plugins since it runs out of the
box. Most users are lazy or unwilling to install browser plugins.

Blender can already publish games to html5 that run without the need of any
browser plugins.

blend4web is doing quite well:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?333214-Blend4Web-a-3D-web-framework-for-Blender-artists&highlight=logic+bricks

also BDX:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?345001-BDX-Potential-blender-engine-with-mobile-and-HTML5-export&highlight=logic+bricks

They are implemented as blender addons, but have the advantage of being
extremely portable. BDX especially is built upon a very nice and well
supported open source game engine - that can run in the browser, mobile
devices and most operating systems.

If you look at their threads, the biggest missing feature they both have is
logic bricks. People who are used to BGE mostly reqest the addition of
logic bricks support to those engines.
Logic bricks however seems very tightly connected with BGE.

There was a suggestion to add to blender a visual programming framework
that is better than logic bricks, and mostly of all is easy to get access
to by external game engine add ons (like BDX and blend4web)
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?333214-Blend4Web-a-3D-web-framework-for-Blender-artists&p=2829393&viewfull=1#post2829393

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?323905-Logic-bricks-vs-C2-event-sheet-vs-Nodes-vis-programming-framework-for-BDX-B4web-etc&p=2834673&viewfull=1#post2834673

It is interesting to see where this goes :)