[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting
ton at blender.org
Sun May 3 16:49:01 CEST 2015
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Planning for the next release (2.75)
- A number of bigger projects are still not ready. After checking the status, the
meeting agreed on allowing two projects to get another week before finalizing and
merged in Git master. These are:
AMD's Cycles Kernel Split
New Dependency Graph
Sergey Sharybin will work on that.
For the rest it's "BCon3" now - no new features, all focus on fixing and testing!
- OpenSubdiv: is now on the list to get merged for the July release (2.76).
- Same for Freestyle Memory consumption improvements - goes to 2.76 too.
- Cycles "Portals" got in:
- Updated project planning:
- Blend4Web team urges everyone to check on this patch. Would be essential for release.
2) Other topics
- Our very active OS X platform maintainer for many years, Jens Verwiebe - had a
suprising statement. He's going to abandon OS X as a serious 3D/graphics development
platform. This, he said, because of lack of quality GPU support (OpenGL, OpenCL)
and annoying Yosemite glitches. It makes this platform too painful to keep using seriously.
Jens will stay around for at least the 2.75 release. Martijn Berger volunteered to
take over duties.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers