[Bf-committers] Viewport GL background

Jeffrey italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:23:05 CET 2015

I was unaware of the GL render settings up in the info bar. That did the
trick for me, but perhaps the setting could be more obvious? For
example, I always go to the header of the 3d view to playblast and check
the render panel for render settings. Perhaps we could add a GL section
in the general render settings for this? This might be better discussed
with the UI team, since it seems there is a separation of render
settings going on. There's every setting under the sun in the standard
properties editor, with the exception of just a few settings which are
hidden under a menu in another window entirely, _plus_ the GL render in
the 3d view. It just seems a little disconnected to me.

Thanks for pointing that out, though. I rarely ever go to the info bar
menus.

On 03/25/2015 01:52 AM, Antony Riakiotakis wrote:
> There were some fixes there recently, can you try the latest buildbot
> and see if it works for you?
>
> Note: Blender internal's transparency setting will influence both
> cycles and blender internal.
>
> On 25 March 2015 at 09:49, gandalf3 <zzyxpaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Works fine for me.. Perhaps you accidentally enabled *Transparent* in
>> *Info panel (top bar) > Render > OpenGL render options > Alpha Mode*?
>> Try setting to *Sky* instead.
>>
>> On 03/24/15 17:36, Jeffrey wrote:
>>> Hey devs. It occurred to me today that while in Cycles mode, it is
>>> impossible to render a viewport playblast using the world background
>>> (even with "World Background" and "Only Rendered" enabled in the display
>>> properties). This is possible in BI, as shown in [1]. Currently, the
>>> viewport only renders as transparent, which is then rendered black in
>>> any standard video format. I also disabled transparency in the Cycles
>>> "film" settings, but that also does not show the world color.
>>>
>>> My use case is when I do animatics in grease pencil, where I have a
>>> solid world background and draw in line. I then do a viewport playblast
>>> into quicktime h.264 with audio and everything works like I need to,
>>> with the exception of the viewport background.
>>>
>>> It would be great to include this option in Cycles mode, too, for the
>>> sake of continuity and completeness. Thanks!
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=85782
>>>

>> --
>> -gandalf3

Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover