[Bf-committers] Viewport GL background

Jeffrey italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 01:36:27 CET 2015

Hey devs. It occurred to me today that while in Cycles mode, it is
impossible to render a viewport playblast using the world background
(even with "World Background" and "Only Rendered" enabled in the display
properties). This is possible in BI, as shown in [1]. Currently, the
viewport only renders as transparent, which is then rendered black in
any standard video format. I also disabled transparency in the Cycles
"film" settings, but that also does not show the world color.

My use case is when I do animatics in grease pencil, where I have a
solid world background and draw in line. I then do a viewport playblast
into quicktime h.264 with audio and everything works like I need to,
with the exception of the viewport background.

It would be great to include this option in Cycles mode, too, for the
sake of continuity and completeness. Thanks!

[1] http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=85782

--
Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover