[Bf-committers] Release Logs - Add small note right after commit

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sat Mar 21 18:15:26 CET 2015

Hi,
Noting new features in the release logs is apparently not popular. ;)
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.75

There have been several changes to master in all all kinds of areas
since 2.74, e.g. Mesh Tools, 3D Viewport, BGE....
None of them are mentioned yet.

I am not sure if we ever made a formal decision about this, but I
thought it became good practice for several releases already.
Again, I am not talking about fancy screenshots or huge walls of text,
this is for the RC / Release period. What I mean is a short note + link
to the commit, so people at least know that stuff changed / a new
feature was added. This makes it not only easier for users, but also for
people who help with the docs / release logs.

I don't think a small 1-liner + link to commit is too much to ask?

Opinions?

Thomas