[Bf-committers] Why must sync selection be disabled to select UV islands?

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Wed Mar 18 10:40:19 CET 2015

I made a simple experiment:

- i select "keep UV selection in sync"
- then use the rubber band tool to select an UV island

As a result i get the related vertices selected on the 3D View,
just as expected. AND i also get all UV vertices selected
which belong to other UV islands, which i also expect because
i have actually chosen to keep UV in Sync with 3dView...

Now here is my problem with your argumentation:
If you say, the selection by UV Island is "wrong and unusable",
what makes it ok to have the rubber band selector available,
which actually "suffers" from the same issues?

-gaia-