[Bf-committers] Moving cloth simulations?

gandalf3 zzyxpaw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 04:55:53 CET 2015

Is there a way to move a baked cloth simulation?

I expected the mesh to move with the object, as a fluid or smoke
simulation does. However it seems the mesh just stays in place while the
object origin moves.

Use case:
I have an animated character with cloth simulated clothing. I'd like to
bake the simulation, then duplicate and transform the character
(clothing included :P) to various locations/rotations.

Is this possible? Is there a technical reason why cloth caches are not
represented in object space?

--
-gandalf3