[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes - March 8, 2015

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 07:54:44 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 4:10 AM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
>
> 1) Upcoming release
>
> - There are a couple of issues open to be fixed, but it's possible to call for an RC this week. Sergey Sharybin proposes that he and Campbell will check on the status tuesday.
>
> - Open issues:
>   https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/project/38/type/Bug/query/open/
>
> - Bug tracker: there are still 157 open issues, Ton Roosendaal thinks it's a too high number for a release and proposes to do an extra week focused bugfixing before going to the official first RC. Proposal didn't make it. We can always do several "RC"s anyway.

Of course we can always spend more time fixing bugs, but don't think
this number is really representative of real errors...

Many reports are typical support issues rather then errors in code we
can necessarily handle on our side. [0]

I've been spending more time on the tracker past 2 weeks, & went over
tracker today setting TODO's, closing/fixing.

Now we're down to 136, (126 excluding 'Incomplete' reports).

As long as we fix regressions, I don't think another week for fixing
is needed, its even risky when we have to make big changes for long
standing bugs right before release [1]

[0]:
https://developer.blender.org/T43938
https://developer.blender.org/T43919