[Bf-committers] RFC: "Continuous integration" branch?

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 12:24:21 CET 2015

Hi,

That's true that real testing starts after the release. But it doesn't we
shouldn't make it so master is as well tested as we possible can do it.

As for the rest of suggestion -- we already had that in more early 2.5x
days. That approach has it's own strong and weak sides. Strong side you
already mentioned -- all the releases gets some really awesome major
feature. But on the other hand, it makes it so you need to wait much longer
to get some bug fixed. Even for some smaller improvements you'll need to
wait much longer than it could be.

For such stuff it's much better to release more often even if it's not so
much new major features/improvements.

In any case, thanks for feedback but this kind of discussion does not
really belong to this thread.

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin