[Bf-committers] outliner sort alphabetically

David Fenner d4vidfenner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 19:31:05 CET 2015

Hi. I was very happy to see that "sort alphabetically" was now just an
option in the outliner, this way I could arrange my scene the way I want,
for example, cameras in a null first, lights in the next one (Called lights
of course), then background, meshes, etc etc. However, I'm dissapointed to
see that without the "sort alphabetically" option, there is no way to sort
things at all :S. You can't move something up or down in the list, so
basically it is "alphabetically or by creation order", which isn't very
useful at all, it will be always messier than alphabetically, since it is
almost random (you can't worry about it when you create things) and we
can't control it.
Since we are improving the outliner... can't we squeeze a way to move
things up and down in it??

thanks,
David.