[Bf-committers] [bf-committers] A little trouble with VS2013 and CMake on debug

Luke Magill luke.magill at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 04:49:00 CEST 2015

So, I updated my git/svn repoes today, deleted my generated folder, and
then regenerated it. The instructions no longer work as described here:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Windows/msvc/CMake

This is because somehow the "INSTALL" build target has been disabled for
the debug configuration. This is relatively easy to fix, you just go to the
configuration manager (under the drop down where it says "debug") and add
the INSTALL project back to your SLN.

This worked when I first downloaded the source 2 weeks ago or so, but I
don't understand CMake, so I can't narrow the problem down more
specifically.

Also, I noticed that you can't load numpy in python unless you build for
release. It seems like the debug version of python is incompatible with
numpy because the pyd (windows dll) is for the release target. I don't
think this is a bug, but it's worth pointing out to noob's like me.

Thanks!

Luke